About Me

My photo
Worthing, Sussex, United Kingdom

Monday 3 January 2011

Point Me At The Sky

So a new year has started. I'm on leave from work, and was due to go to Cumbria for some winter fun on the hills, but as those of you who followed my Nepal blog know I came back quite sick at the end of November, and still get breathless at any exertion. So I've spent a couple of days down at Pulborough Brooks, Bernie bought me a RSPB membership before she disappeared off the radar. I thought it was a really shit present at the time, but to be fair to her it's quite nice down at the Brooks, and I have lowered the average age of the clientele by about a decade.

I went up onto the Downs today met Si for a brew while he was fishing, unsuccessfully, down at Passie Ponds. I found the 200m climb up to Lancing Clump hard going, so probably Cumbria was out of reach. It's disappointing not to have got there again this season, but I am still intending to head up to Scotland in April, hopefully with my Norwegian friends from the Nepal trek.

Anyway, as I was up on the hill I remembered the blog, and how much I had enjoyed writing it, cathartic in parts and entertaining to look back on. So I've decided to try and keep one going for 2011, the first year for a long time that can't be made into a stupid pair of glasses. Join me on my journey through what I hope will be an eventful year.

Generally my life is like a soap opera, so hopefully it'll make this worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment